Wednesday, October 21, 2009

F1 cars and BEIJING opera actress


Actually, I have another idea about the motel design, but unfortunately there was not enough time to develop, so I left it as a half-finished work.
The main conception also come from an amazing flower in the quarry, the Saussurea, I'd like to consider it as the original model of motel building. Then the BEIJING opera actress' decoration caught my attention because it was so similar to the flower. On the other side, from the motel, certainly I associated the F1 cars, interestingly, I found some similarity between the F1 cars and actress' decoration. You can see, their elements, clothes, suspensions, flags, the procedure of painting and even the movement, seemed to resemble each other closely. In my opinion, this was an unusual starting point to the design, so I planned to build the motel in the structure and appearance of Saussurea, but using the components of F1 cars and BEIJING opera decoration.
It was not very important whether I can finish it, the key point was the procedure of thinking and exploring through the different methods, I suppose. So just enjoy the process and motivate the potentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment