Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Dust



The dust exists everywhere and it can form any shape.

In the site, as some cranes were working to construct or deconstruct the buildings, there was a great deal of dust floating in the air. So I planned to use the dust as my starting point. The main question for me is what can the dust does, what’s its trace across the site and where is its ending.

So I imagined the path of one dust. It was awoke by the shake of cranes, came across the steelwork, went through the pipes, was flapped by the flags and irradiated by the traffic lights, felt the shake of tube, filtered through the fence, landed on the canopy, was swept by the sweeper, finally, it landed on the site with the natural shape. If there were numerous dusts involved in this process, the last appearance would be similar to the sand dune. This is the original model of my architecture. Whilst the inner space was also shaped by the dusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment