Sunday, November 8, 2009

Density of dust




Last week, I studied the different types of power that could act on the dusts, and this week I focused on the dust distribution in the real world, more precisely, in our two sites.
Then I thought out a method to measure the dust density in our sites. I made 200 small mirrors, and put them in different place in our sites, both vertical and horizontal. The process was that last weekend I took all of the mirrors in the morning and tied them in the buildings components in different points in the sites. Some in ground floor and other in the second, third floor. And the place which I extremely focused on was the area between the two sites. Then in the afternoon and evening, I collected back all the mirrors, when I got one, I would record the dust condition in that place. And after I got all the mirrors back, I had a rough recognition of dust density in the area.
However, this method could help me have a general and perceptual idea about the dust, it was not precise enough and give a little support to the development of the project. What I should do is explore a more precise way to improve the idea of dust and find the inner relationship between dust and architecture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment