Wednesday, February 3, 2010

After the map of a city within a city

Last week, after tutorial, I thought about how to make my own map of Beijing city to give a comprehensive background for my project. Then I made some attempt.
Step 1: using 16 pieces of A4 paper to piece together a big Beijing map (maybe not big enough, anyway, it was just an attempt).
Step 2: piecing together other 4 pieces of paper to make up the Third Ring Road, which is the main structure of Beijing.
Step 3: outlining The Forbidden City in more clear view (because the former 2 steps use a little vague photocopies).
Step 4: figuring out the position I wish to put my project to in The Forbidden City.
After that, my project starts~
I wish to choose the most spectacular building, The Hall of Supreme Harmony as my site. Then going through the main door to the inside space, there will be another delicate palace which is created from my imagination. In this palace, going through another door, you can see some furniture and inside one of the chairs (because the Chinese classical chairs have hollow inside space), there will be another small city map. Also this city is a typical Chinese imperial city and designed from the same regulation and pattern as The Forbidden City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment