Monday, March 1, 2010

Some potentials in SOHO Square

After traveled through SOHO area again, I got some new exciting points that may improve my project.
The theme of my work is overlaying Chinese imperial architectural system onto SOHO area and from their integration and collision creating a new mysterious system. Today's travel gave me a new sight on the cultural background. In the site, except the typical English flat, square, cafe, shop and market, as this area is near to China town, there are also some Chinese restaurants and clinics. So apart from the different cultural system, the intersection of the same Chinese culture in London could be another point that I can present in my project.
When I thought about the spacial intersection of these two places, easily I also had some ideas about time in my mind. Now Forbidden City is a museum but not normal living area, the last period when people lived in this place was almost 100 years ago. Therefore, it is imperative to overlay the two different periods together but not only deal with the space.
Then what I can imagine about the project, is Chinese people from Forbidden City in 100 years ago may have something to do with people living in SOHO area(both English and Chinese). This additional interaction brings me great interests besides the spacial intersection.

No comments:

Post a Comment